The GJSS gratefully acknowledges the affiliation and financial support (at different stages of its running) of the following universities and departments:
• Erasmus University Rotterdam: Faculty of Social Science
• Maastricht University: Department of Philosophy; Department of Social Science and Technology; Faculty of Arts and Culture
• University of Amsterdam: Department of Media Studies
• Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam: Faculty of Philosophy
• University of Twente
• University of Utrecht, Graduate Gender Programme, Faculty of Arts
• Lund University
• Nordic Research School of Interdisciplinary Gender Studies
• ATHENA - The Advanced Thematic Network of Women’s Studies in Europe
We also commend the energy, skills and enthusiasm of Esther Foreman and Martijn Wit. Esther's nearly three-year commitment (2001-2003) as the co-founder and managing director of GJSS in London has been crucial to the creation and survival of the journal, which was her original idea. Martijn's role (2002-2004) has been equally fundamental in endorsing and developing the GJSS project in the Netherlands and helping it evolve as fruitfully as it has done.
Special place and acknowledgment needs also to be given to Sabina Leonelli, co-founder of GJSS and the editor-in-chief of the journal from its very inception in 2002 until 2007. She has spent an inordinate amount of her graduate time to get the journal work: setting up marketing, editorial board, steering committee, publishing, all the guidelines, hosting numerous editorial meetings at her house over many years... She has played a crucial role in setting up the journal and heading it until it was 'stable' and had a proper structure and publisher.
The GJSS would also like to thank:
• C-SAP and the Academy of World Studies for monetary support during our first two years of work
• Subverso for poster and logo design
• Professor Hans Radder for ongoing support of the Dutch board